Parental alienation

Mediation can help with any disputes between families that may lead to parental alienation, Contact us today!

Parental Alienation

The family as an institution goes through various challenges, one of them being divorced. When parents separate, there is a high likelihood that the children will be turned against the parent they do not live. This is an act that significantly causes psychological damage to the child. The children develop feelings of fear and disrespect towards the parent. Long-term effects may be witnessed where the child will even be affected mentally.

Call us today and speak to a mediator on 03300100179

Children Alienation

Children who resist contact after a divorce are branded “alienated” whereas their parents are referred to as abusive and “alienated parents”.

However, this perspective has brought in a different view.

The reluctance of a child to have contact with anybody does not necessarily mean they were turned down by the parent they lived with against their non-resident parent.

It is clear that they may have their own experiences that may lead to resisting any form of contact whatsoever.

Impact of abusive parents

Instances of child abuse may remain unnoticed.


Most frequent questions and answers

Getting the opinions of the affected child on the issue at hand. This is by far the best shot at solving parental alienation. Forcing parents into therapy sessions to solve their relationship issues will offer very little in ensuring this issue is curbed. Hence, counselling sessions carried out under duress would be very ineffective, and therapists will not accept to offer their services. Offering more permanent support and therapy to the child will go a long way at ensuring they heal from all that they went through. It will, in turn, aid them to grow into better individuals.

Parental alienation determines a mechanism in which, as a result of the emotional exploitation of one more moms and dad, a youngster ends up being alienated from a moms and dad. The estrangement of the child may manifest itself to the distant moms and dad as ridicule, anxiousness or bitterness, and may reach extra loved ones or teams.

Although your former partner will certainly claim that she or he wants your children to be honest and clear, there are some “grown-up” specifics that are not suitable for showing to them. Your kids could paint a very unfavorable image of you if your partner tells your children why you both got a separation, including specifics of your dispute and habits you required to end the marriage.

  1. Your Ex Lover Spouse Tells Your Kid Specifics of Your Divorce
  2. Your companion makes unproven domestic misuse charges
  3. Your Ex Lover Partner Talks Improperly of You in Front of Your Children
  4. Unfavorable Body movement is made use of by the ex partner
  5. Your children are furious at you
  6. Your kids really feel bad after they hang out with you
  7. Your ex companion Tears Regarding your individual life
  8. Your ex companion is concealing your youngsters from you
  9. Your former partner provides choices to your kids regarding gos to
  10. Your ex-spouse spouse asks your children to pick a solitary parent

Are parents aware of the damage they cause?

In many cases, parents are never aware of the damages they cause their children.

Parents think that they are separating or divorcing with good intentions.

They are oblivious of the problems piling on the children and onto the adults they are growing out to be.

Also, it will be very hard for the child to live with the non-resident parent since there is a negative picture painted about them.

When the alienated parent is threatened with withdrawal of contact with the child, then the problem is only escalated, and the child still risks losing the touch of both parents.


Restoring the attachment of a child to their parents lies on how the issues they underwent are handled and the therapy they are accorded.

Both the parents and the child would be put at risk of losing each other’s touch when there is no one to give legal advice.

Contact us today to find out more!

What people say?

Call us today and speak to a mediator on 03300100179